Saturday 5 March 2016

"THE DANGERS OF PRE-MILLENNIALISM" BY ALF CENGIA FROM THE BRILLIANT "OMEGA LETTER"!!

The Dangers of Premillennialism - Alf Cengia -http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=8205
 
The dangers of premillennialism and taking the Bible too literally...
 
While browsing through a local second-hand book store recently, I came across yet another book attacking dispensationalism. It warned about the subtle dangers associated with premillennialism. Since I'm a sucker for punishment, I bought it. This one is called Left Behind or Left Befuddled, written by Gordon L. Isaac.
 
I like to understand what the opposition says, and how it thinks. I call it the sort of "research" which keeps me honest and on my toes. But I'm beginning to think that I enjoy feeding my Inner Curmudgeon. Maybe I just like being Grumpy.
 
Just about all these polemical books operate along the same themes. It's as if these critics attended the same "How to Attack Premillennial Dispensationalism" seminary course. Whenever I see the words "Left Behind" sprinkled throughout a book, I know where the bulk of the focus will be and the pattern of attack.
 
These critics refer to John Darby and the assumed 19th century origin of dispensationalism. Next stop is Scofield and onwards to Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye. Along the way it is normal practice to mention the alleged personal faults of these people as a way to disparage premillennialism, dispensationalism and the rapture.
 
Note that the rapture criticism found in these sorts of book is a red herring.

No comments:

Post a Comment