Wednesday 10 February 2016

"WHY BIBLE PROPHECY MATTERS" BY THE INSPIRATIONAL PETE GARCIA!!

 
Why study Bible prophecy?  Well, I could start this article off by saying that around 27% percent of your Bible is prophetic.  Or I could start off by saying that almost every book in the Bible contains prophecy.  Or I could start by saying that out of the 300 or so prophecies concerning Christ's first coming, they all were fulfilled literally and perfectly.  But you already know all this since many of you read the OL simply because you are passionate about God and His prophetic word.
 
Studying the prophetic word is to study the deeper things of God.  If you want to mature as a Christian, you have to develop this understanding, there simply is no other way around it...because the Bible doesn't give us that option.  Prophecy is hard-wired into the fabric of Scripture by design.  When I hear well-intentioned Christians, and even worse, church clergy, state that they don't study or teach prophecy because they say it distracts people from Jesus, I want to slap them, err...I mean, lovingly extend the right-hand of fellowship to the back of their heads, and scream, who do you think prophecy is about?
 
And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."  Revelation 19:10
 
On the Road to Emmaus, Jesus accosted two of his disciples on the road who were still walking around mourning His death.  Two points to consider in this story:  The first being that Christ used the Scriptures (the Old Testament) to show these two disciples that it all pointed to Him.  And I'm pretty sure that the name of Jesus of Nazareth isn't anywhere in the OT, so what did Christ use?
 
He used typology and prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment