Thursday 5 July 2012

REMEDY FOR EMPTINESS FROM "GRACETHRUFAITH".

Remedy for Emptiness

Q.   First of all, I just want to say that I enjoy your web site like no other…it rocks and you all rock also!  My question is: why is it that some days I feel that I am just loaded with the presence of the Lord and am happy and then suddenly I can feel as empty as my wallet?


A.  We all have up and down days because we are all affected by the way we perceive the things that are going on around us.  Paul gave us the remedy for this in Philippians 4:4-7.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It’s especially important on our down days to look for the countless blessings God pours out on us every day and thank Him for them.  The more you look the more blessings you’ll find.   It’s guaranteed to restore your joy.

Extracted from the "Gracethrufaith" website at http://www.gracethrufaith.com/.

Neville.

No comments:

Post a Comment